Can sun exposure increase my risk for spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma?

Sun exposure is one of the most significant risk factors for spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma. Sun exposure, especially over a lifetime, greatly increases the amount of ultraviolet radiation your skin gets. It's thought that UV rays are what may damage DNA in the skin and cause spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma. Because of this risk, it's a good idea to avoid excessive sun exposure and to protect your skin with sunscreen.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
5 Answers About Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the second most common form of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. It is also known as cutaneous squamous cell c...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...
What does squamous cell carcinoma mean?
Squamous cell carcinoma is a type of skin cancer that can affect any area of your body. When present...