Does squamous cell carcinoma have a high recurrence rate?

Squamous cell carcinoma doesn't have an extremely high recurrence rate, meaning it isn't extremely likely that the cancer will come back after treatment. However, it is possible for it to come back, especially if the squamous cell carcinoma had already advanced to a later stage when it was first treated. If it recurs, it will most likely be within the first 5 years after being treated. Also, having squamous cell carcinoma does increase your chance of developing another skin cancer in another place. Because of this, it's important to have regular check-ups with your doctor after treatment to make sure the cancer hasn't come back.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

5 Answers About Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the second most common form of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. It is also known as cutaneous squamous cell c...
How can I best care for someone with spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma?
Caring for someone with spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma involves supporting them both physicall...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...
How common is spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma?
Spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma (SCSCC) is an uncommon subtype of squamous cell carcinoma. It's...