What are the symptoms of sprains and strains?

The first symptom of a sprain or a strain is a sharp pain that occurs at the site of the injury. Subsequent symptoms after enduring a sprain or strain may be inability to move the affected area, swelling, redness and bruising.

Continue Learning about Sprains and Strains

Weekend Warrior: Simple Self-Care for Minor Strains, Sprains and Bruises
Whether you're an athlete or a semi-out-of-shape desk lounger who hasn't seen a gym in months, soft-tissue injuries (think strains, sprains, and bruis...
Don’t be a Turkey this Turkey Bowl Season
Dr. Mike’s Cleveland Clinic sees plenty; so does Dr. Oz’s New York Presbyterian Hospital -- emergency room visits for sprains, broken bones, contusion...
When should I seek follow-up care for my child’s sprain or strain?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
If you have been seen by a doctor, follow-up with the doctor before returning to any sports.Also see...
How is a Lisfranc injury diagnosed?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
Lisfranc injuries are sometimes mistaken for midfoot sprains, making the diagnostic process very imp...