What is a Lisfranc injury?

A Lisfranc injury occurs in the midfoot, where the longer bones extending to the toes meet the bones that form the midfoot arch. This complex of bones is bound together by ligaments. The term may refer to any damage that occurs within this area, including bone fractures or torn ligaments.

Continue Learning about Sprains and Strains

Weekend Warrior: Simple Self-Care for Minor Strains, Sprains and Bruises
Whether you're an athlete or a semi-out-of-shape desk lounger who hasn't seen a gym in months, soft-tissue injuries (think strains, sprains, and bruis...
Don’t be a Turkey this Turkey Bowl Season
Dr. Mike’s Cleveland Clinic sees plenty; so does Dr. Oz’s New York Presbyterian Hospital -- emergency room visits for sprains, broken bones, contusion...
What can I do at home for a sprained wrist?
After the first three days of ice application, start applying heat and ice alternately on the in...
Why might the bottom of my big toe hurt?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The bottom of your big toe may be sore for a few reasons. The two possibilities are sesamoiditis and...