What are the symptoms of an abdominal muscle strain?

The signs and symptoms of an abdominal muscle strain are pain with flexing the muscle and pain in the general area of the muscle. Muscle spasm, swelling, and bruising may also occur. (This answer provided for NATA by the University of Montana Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sprains and Strains

Don’t be a Turkey this Turkey Bowl Season
Dr. Mike’s Cleveland Clinic sees plenty; so does Dr. Oz’s New York Presbyterian Hospital -- emergency room visits for sprains, broken bones, contusion...
Weekend Warrior: Simple Self-Care for Minor Strains, Sprains and Bruises
Whether you're an athlete or a semi-out-of-shape desk lounger who hasn't seen a gym in months, soft-tissue injuries (think strains, sprains, and bruis...
What can I do at home for a sprained wrist?
After the first three days of ice application, start applying heat and ice alternately on the in...
How can I treat a sprain?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
When treating a sprain, think RICE: Rest: Avoid activities that use the affected body part. Ice:...