Should I talk to a doctor about my muscle strain symptoms?

Generally, most mild muscle strains can be treated without the help of a doctor. However, there are certain cases in which seeing a doctor may be helpful. If you can't move the strained muscle at all, or if moving just a little bit causes you a significant amount of pain, you should see a doctor. Also, if your injury is red, numb, or bleeding, you should talk to a doctor.

Continue Learning about Sprains and Strains

Don’t be a Turkey this Turkey Bowl Season
Dr. Mike’s Cleveland Clinic sees plenty; so does Dr. Oz’s New York Presbyterian Hospital -- emergency room visits for sprains, broken bones, contusion...
Weekend Warrior: Simple Self-Care for Minor Strains, Sprains and Bruises
Whether you're an athlete or a semi-out-of-shape desk lounger who hasn't seen a gym in months, soft-tissue injuries (think strains, sprains, and bruis...
What are the symptoms of a sprain?
Symptoms of a sprain may vary depending on how severely the ligament is stretched or torn. In genera...
What causes a sprain?
Sprains are usually caused when you force a joint into a painful position that puts stress on the li...