Why is age-appropriate care for sports injuries essential?

Age-appropriate care for sports injuries is important because it protects growth plates from potential damage in the future.

One of the benefits of sports medicine doctors is they have the training and experience to know when an athlete should continue playing versus when they need to be removed from competition for rest, diagnostic tests or further care.

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

This Blood Test Can Check for Brain Injuries
 A couple of seasons ago, 35 of 288 players in the Swedish Hockey League suffered concussions in the first half of their season! That’s when the Swede...
How can I treat runner's knee or tennis elbow?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
For tennis elbow, runner's knee and similar injuries, try R.I.C.E.—rest, ice, compression and elevat...
What's the difference between tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow are both forms of tendonitis that occur at the elbow joint. Tenn...
What Causes Hip Pain?
What Causes Hip Pain?