What's the difference between tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow?

Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow are both forms of tendonitis that occur at the elbow joint. Tennis elbow is inflammation of the tendons on the thumb side of the elbow (wrist extensors). Golfer’s elbow is inflammation of the tendons on the pinky side of the elbow (wrist flexors).

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

Ways to Prevent Sports Injuries in Kids and Teens
What do football Hall-of-Fame running back Jim Brown, baseball Hall-of-Fame pitcher Sandy Kofax and NBA championship player and coach Pat Riley have i...
What injuries can I get if I overtrain for a marathon?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
“In the months leading up to a marathon, we often see people coming in with overuse injuries because...
Are overuse injuries preventable?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
Overuse injuries can be prevented by being aware of how your body feels and increasing training slow...
What Causes Hip Pain?
What Causes Hip Pain?