What causes running injuries?

Most running injuries are caused by overuse and ignoring your body. Many look back on their training post-injury and recall yellow flags of pain or stiffness that lead to an injury. Spending an extra 5 to 10 minutes stretching or completing a few exercises today may prevent a visit to your doctor or physical therapist tomorrow.

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

This Blood Test Can Check for Brain Injuries
 A couple of seasons ago, 35 of 288 players in the Swedish Hockey League suffered concussions in the first half of their season! That’s when the Swede...
How many children are treated for sports-related injuries in the US?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 2.6 million children...
How can I help to protect my children from sports injuries?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Children can protect themselves from sports injuries by taking a break after the season, and engagin...
What Causes Hip Pain?
What Causes Hip Pain?