What are the statistics for horse related accidents?

Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Medicine
The American Medical Equestrian Association reports that horse related accidents may be much greater than what is published. The reason being, most injuries are not recorded.  Only those injuries that present themselves in the emergency room can be tabulated.    

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

Ways to Prevent Sports Injuries in Kids and Teens
What do football Hall-of-Fame running back Jim Brown, baseball Hall-of-Fame pitcher Sandy Kofax and NBA championship player and coach Pat Riley have i...
What is tennis or golfer's elbow?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The muscles that bend and straighten the wrist have their origins at the elbow. Altering their funct...
What are the warning signs of tennis elbow?
I have had tennis elbow before and it hurt! Since I don't play too much tennis, I had the most pain ...
4 Sports Safety Tips for Kids
4 Sports Safety Tips for Kids