Should my child head the ball in soccer?

Using your head might work for the nerds on The Big Bang Theory, but we know that the David Beckham and Mia Hamm wannabes have something else in mind. Heading the soccer ball may not be a smart move for young kids whose brains are still developing. Although no single header is likely to do harm, we're learning that the cumulative effect of many minor head traumas may cause brain damage.

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

How to Avoid 3 Common Kids’ Sports Injuries
When your child signs up for Little League, you know the chances are pretty good they’ll come home with a bump or bruise that you can treat with a lit...
What sports have the greatest likelihood of injury?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
In children and teenagers, collisions in contact sports are most likely to cause fractures. Collisio...
What injuries can I get if I overtrain for a marathon?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
“In the months leading up to a marathon, we often see people coming in with overuse injuries because...
What Causes Hip Pain?
What Causes Hip Pain?