How can I prevent forearm pain while playing tennis?

The best way to avoid forearm pain while playing tennis is to wear an elbow strap over the thumb side of the forearm, near the elbow joint. Wearing this band relieves the stress that is placed on the muscles of the forearm.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

Ways to Prevent Sports Injuries in Kids and Teens
What do football Hall-of-Fame running back Jim Brown, baseball Hall-of-Fame pitcher Sandy Kofax and NBA championship player and coach Pat Riley have i...
What is Tommy John surgery?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Tommy John surgery refers to the surgical repair of the ulnar collateral ligament and the transposit...
How do I know if I need treatment for a sports injury?
Memorial Hospital of TampaMemorial Hospital of Tampa
Evaluation of your pain over time can help you decide if you need treatment for a sports injury. Cer...
What Causes Hip Pain?
What Causes Hip Pain?