How can I find a football helmet that will prevent concussions?

There is no concussion-proof helmet. Helmets are used as a shock absorber but are not complete protection from concussions. The best way to help prevent concussions is to make sure that you follow safety rules of the sport. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

A 20-Minute Warm Up Could Be the Difference Between Injury and Performance
A good warm up pre-workout is something most people skip, but science says you should make time for it. If rolling your ankle or tweaking your shoulde...
What injuries can I get if I overtrain for a marathon?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
“In the months leading up to a marathon, we often see people coming in with overuse injuries because...
What other shin pain is there besides shin splints?
Fred C. Redfern, MDFred C. Redfern, MD
Not every shin pain is shin splints, says Fred Redfern, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Sunrise Hospita...
4 Sports Safety Tips for Kids
4 Sports Safety Tips for Kids