How can I find a football helmet that will prevent concussions?

There is no concussion-proof helmet. Helmets are used as a shock absorber but are not complete protection from concussions. The best way to help prevent concussions is to make sure that you follow safety rules of the sport. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

This Blood Test Can Check for Brain Injuries
 A couple of seasons ago, 35 of 288 players in the Swedish Hockey League suffered concussions in the first half of their season! That’s when the Swede...
What can I do for golfer's elbow?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
After activity, you should ice the area for 20 minutes. This will decrease the inflammation and slow...
What causes tennis elbow and golfer's elbow?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
Tennis elbow is a common injury that involves the outer part of the elbow. But most people that get ...
4 Sports Safety Tips for Kids
4 Sports Safety Tips for Kids