How many children are treated for sports-related injuries in the US?

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 2.6 million children up to age 19 are treated in the emergency departments each year for sports and recreation-related injuries.

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

A 20-Minute Warm Up Could Be the Difference Between Injury and Performance
A good warm up pre-workout is something most people skip, but science says you should make time for it. If rolling your ankle or tweaking your shoulde...
What are common muscles injured in ice hockey?
Levi Harrison, MDLevi Harrison, MD
Injuries sustained during ice hockey are fairly common. In my orthopedic practice, I have treated ho...
What are the most common sports-related injuries in women?
Fred C. Redfern, MDFred C. Redfern, MD
ACL tear is one of the most common sports injuries in women, says Fred Redfern, MD, an orthopedic su...
What Causes Hip Pain?
What Causes Hip Pain?