What are common winter sports injuries?

The most common winter sports injuries affect the knees, but hip, shoulder, elbow and spine injuries are also common in winter sports. For skiers, the most common injuries are to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries. Other common winter sports injuries include fractures and broken bones, pulled muscles, torn ligaments and dislocated joints.

Any strenuous activity can put a person at a higher risk for injury. However, winter sports can mean a higher risk, especially for “weekend warriors” who ski on Saturday and Sunday but are less active for most of the week.

Continue Learning about Sports Injuries

A 20-Minute Warm Up Could Be the Difference Between Injury and Performance
A good warm up pre-workout is something most people skip, but science says you should make time for it. If rolling your ankle or tweaking your shoulde...
What are the warning signs of tennis elbow?
I have had tennis elbow before and it hurt! Since I don't play too much tennis, I had the most pain ...
How can I prevent injuries if I am a runner?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
There are exercises that all runners can do at home in just a few minutes each day to help prevent i...
How Can Runners Prevent Injury?
How Can Runners Prevent Injury?