What is a good stretch for my inner thighs for board sports?

To stretch the inner thighs, or adductors, start by foam rolling the area for 30 seconds and then perform a ball inner thigh static stretch for 30 seconds. Foam rolling is a form of self-massage that uses a foam roller to apply pressure to tight areas of a muscle. This helps inhibit (relax) tight muscles making the static stretching more effective. Once you have foam rolled your inner thighs, perform a static stretch for the inner thigh. Begin by sitting on a stability ball and extending one leg out to the side and keeping the other knee bent. Lean toward the knee that is bent, keeping the back flat until you feel the stretch in the inner thigh. Hold this position for 30 seconds and repeat 2 times. Make sure you activate your core by drawing-in the belly button to the spine. If you are stretching just prior to a hockey game, you can do dynamic stretches instead of the static stretch. Dynamic stretches use the momentum of the movement to take the joint through a full range of motion. This helps prepare the body for the fast movements used in the game and raises body temperature. Side lunges are a good inner thigh dynamic stretch. Perform 2 sets of 10 repetitions of the side lunges.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Fun Way to Get More Steps: Try Walking Football
We knew Landon Donovan’s career was winding down when he wasn’t named to the last U.S. World Cup Soccer Team. After he retired in 2014 everyone assume...
How can I incorporate unstable environments into my training program?
Baseball and softball players can benefit from training in unstable environments in a number of ...
What's the best technique for stand up paddleboarding?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
The best technique for stand up paddleboarding is as follows: start on knees, paddle while gaini...
How do I know when my child is ready for a team sports?
You’ll know your child is ready for team sports if she tones interest. She’ll start asking questions...