What sports may be postponed or cancelled due to poor field conditions?

All sports may have activities postponed or canceled due to poor field conditions. It is important to have plans in place for such occasions and to inform coaches, players, and officials of such plans so they are not surprised by any changes to the schedule.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

How can I test my hand speed for defending against strikes?
Perform the Davies test. Not only does this test provide information with regards to shoulder st...
How can I train to be quick?
Paul WinsperPaul Winsper
The first step in training for quickness is to develop coordinated movement patterns specific to the...
Can I get over-specialized in my sports performance training?
Paul WinsperPaul Winsper
Yes. Often in the rush to perfect a certain athletic skill or bolster a sport-specific trait, we can...
How can I prevent knee injuries if I play sports?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
If you play sports, you can prevent knee injuries by making sure you strengthen your quadriceps and ...