What equipment should my child wear to prevent racing injuries?

The proper equipment is a helmet that fits right, overalls, gloves and racing boots. This is the minimum. You want to protect your child from any type of injury or burn, so fireproof equipment is recommended. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

How do I calm my nerves prior to the 40-yard dash at a combine event?
Performance anxiety is common during combine testing, especially for a test like the 40-yard dash. T...
Which sport is the kindest on the knees?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Sports that don't require impact, like swimming, are easier on the knees.
What are the different schools of thought on carbohydrate loading?
The old school of thought was a two stage process in which an athlete would first carb deplete over ...
Should I jump into my turns for the pro shuttle or L-drill?
Unfortunately, jumping into your turns is not good for a successful time. When your feet are off the...