What symptoms alert a young athlete to the possibility of death?

Symptoms that alert an athlete that something serious could be happening, include chest pain, syncope (dizziness) with exercise, nausea, or any new symptoms that suddenly appear during exertion. If you or your youth athlete experiences any of these symptoms stop exertion immediately and consult a physician.  

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

My shoulder muscles feel like they are burning, how do I prevent this?
This burning sensation you are referring to is the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. As the in...
Can a general strength program be used by young track athletes?
Until more research can be done, safety standards suggest that athletes aged 15 years or less sh...
Why do I tense up at the end of my sprint?
It is quite common for you to try too hard as you finish a sprint. Your desire to perform well can h...
How do I train for a better start during a running sprint?
Whether you are looking to improve your ability to start straight ahead or laterally, strength and p...