How important are the strength tests at a sports combine?

The position you play in a given sport will determine the importance of the strength tests in the eyes of those evaluating your results. For positions that value strength, like football linemen and linebackers, the strength test will be evaluated more closely. Some positions will require less strength than others, but you still want to perform well so that your evaluators feel confident in your abilities. If your test scores in strength parameters are below standard as compared to your peers, spend a little more time and effort to bring your results close to the average. If you are on the upper end of scores for your position, you should aim to push to the top in hopes of gaining additional positive attention from your evaluators.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Which tests at a sports combine evaluate strong someone is?
Bench press is one test that assesses strength, however, strength is a component of every drill at a...
How can I incorporate unstable environments into my training program?
Baseball and softball players can benefit from training in unstable environments in a number of ...
How early should a young athlete begin specializing for sport?
Certain sports have an earlier specialization requirement than others. A short list of early special...
How do I train for a better start during a running sprint?
Whether you are looking to improve your ability to start straight ahead or laterally, strength and p...