What are some sport psychology tips?

To stay motivated and succeed focus on setting SMART goals. Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Timely. By having clearly defined and reachable goals you will be more likely to succeed and enjoy greater success than otherwise. Many people want to become fit, but either set no specific goal other than “be fit” or set unrealistic goals like losing 50lbs in 4 months for a wedding. Not having any clearly defined goals or having goals that are almost impossible to achieve set you up for failure and will make you lose motivation. By having well defined goals that you can easily achieve you will stay motivated and enjoy the success you achieve.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

My shoulder muscles feel like they are burning, how do I prevent this?
This burning sensation you are referring to is the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. As the in...
What are the steps in teaching the proper technique for the glide shot put?
The first step in throwing the shot put is to remember that the legs, hips, and back do most of ...
How often should I adjust my paces as an athlete?
As athletes get faster, their training paces need to adjust accordingly. What was once a challen...
What are some benefits of team sports for my child?
Christopher Giza, MDChristopher Giza, MD
Team sports benefit children in that there are opportunities for teamwork and leadership that can so...