Are school athletic programs required to have emergency medical protocols?

Regulations vary by state to state, and even from city to city and district to district. Ask your school or your child’s school specifically if they have a plan in place for medical emergencies.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

As a retired athlete, how can I include sports in my life?
Mr. Keith Elmore, NASM Elite TrainerMr. Keith Elmore, NASM Elite Trainer
After retiring from a sport, especially if it was your profession, can leave one dealing with a sens...
Where do I start when it comes to training for a sport combine?
Before you set foot in the gym, track, or field, take time to write down your goals for the upcoming...
How do I keep from getting stuck in the 2nd turn of the pro shuttle drill?
Athletes usually have a lot of momentum going into the second turn of the pro shuttle drill because ...
Where should my eyes be looking when I'm sprinting?
Vision focus is related to optimal body positioning. On the line, some runners will keep their eyes ...