Which part of the softball pitching motion comes first?

The weight transfer, or shift, is the initial movement, or first-move, in the softball pitching motion. The pitcher’s body weight should move from the glove-side to the throwing-side and the arm-circle should start with the stride. For beginners, this is the proper order for the timing sequence, whereas advanced pitchers may start differently.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

How do I train for a better start during a running sprint?
Whether you are looking to improve your ability to start straight ahead or laterally, strength and p...
Should I jump into my turns for the pro shuttle or L-drill?
Unfortunately, jumping into your turns is not good for a successful time. When your feet are off the...
What sports may be postponed or cancelled due to poor field conditions?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
All sports may have activities postponed or canceled due to poor field conditions. It is important t...
How Can Athletes Enhance Performance?
How Can Athletes Enhance Performance?