Is there a danger of getting injured if I do a lot of swim or bike volume?

There is not a danger of getting injured in running due to an altered run gait brought on by overload in swimming or cycling. Training is a fine balance between overload and recovery. Too much overload can lead to injury, but not enough overload will not produce adequate training stress to lead to improvement. Research has found that increasing swim and bike volume does not set up an athlete for potential injury in running.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Are sports coaches a good resource for health and fitness information?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Sports coaches are generally not the best resource for health and fitness. On occasion, you will fin...
How can I get stronger to perform better?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
To get stronger you first need to do a very thorough assessment. It can include an overhead squat, s...
My shoulder muscles feel like they are burning, how do I prevent this?
This burning sensation you are referring to is the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. As the in...
How do I calm my nerves prior to the 40-yard dash at a combine event?
Performance anxiety is common during combine testing, especially for a test like the 40-yard dash. T...