How do I prevent the bar from "flipping" during my power clean?

Keep the bar closer to your body during your power clean with improved technique and a more efficient 2nd pull.  First off, from your starting position; you can do three things to place your body in a more apt position to perform a cleaner lift, especially if the bar is drifting away on you: 1.) Keep your knuckles pointing directly toward the floor; 2.) Turn your elbows out ward all the while maintaining a big chest (this means keeping the shoulder blades squeezed back and down); and 3.) keep the bar about half and inch from your shins to start - too far and you lose torso posture, too close and the bar may hit the shins and bounce away from your center of gravity.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Is circuit training best for training peak conditioning in sports?
Circuit training is an effective form of conditioning for an athlete, however it may not always be t...
My shoulder muscles feel like they are burning, how do I prevent this?
This burning sensation you are referring to is the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. As the in...
I slip on the first turn of the pro shuttle drill, what can I improve on?
First, ensure that your shoes have appropriate traction to make the cut on the performance surface. ...
How do I increase my cadence?
When trying to increase cadence, you are teaching yourself a new activity. Some athletes find th...