How do I prevent the bar from "flipping" during my power clean?

Keep the bar closer to your body during your power clean with improved technique and a more efficient 2nd pull.  First off, from your starting position; you can do three things to place your body in a more apt position to perform a cleaner lift, especially if the bar is drifting away on you: 1.) Keep your knuckles pointing directly toward the floor; 2.) Turn your elbows out ward all the while maintaining a big chest (this means keeping the shoulder blades squeezed back and down); and 3.) keep the bar about half and inch from your shins to start - too far and you lose torso posture, too close and the bar may hit the shins and bounce away from your center of gravity.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Fun Way to Get More Steps: Try Walking Football
We knew Landon Donovan’s career was winding down when he wasn’t named to the last U.S. World Cup Soccer Team. After he retired in 2014 everyone assume...
Does my combine training transfer to my sport training?
If done correctly, your combine preparation should directly transfer to your sport. You should take ...
Calories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer Sports
Calories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer SportsCalories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer SportsCalories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer SportsCalories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer Sports
Learn how many calories top athletes might burn playing these summer games.
How Precise Can You Fine-Tune an Athlete?