With the proper instruction, horseback riding can be very safe. There are various types of horseback riding such as hunt seat, dressage, and Western style. Hunt seat involves jumping and individuals who engage in this type of riding will also compete in shows. Dressage involves directing the horse through multiple movements by only using small movements of the hands and legs. Western style of riding is the most popular form of riding for pleasure and casual riding. For maximum safety, never ride alone, especially if you are new to the sport. For more information on proper technique, search for a qualified instructor at a place where horses are available for hire.
- Q How do I keep from getting stuck in the 2nd turn of the pro shuttle drill?
- Q How do I know if I am overtraining?
- Q How can I help develop my child's sports skills?
- Q How should I pace my next race?
- Q Will my performance training in one sport transfer to other sports?
- Q Is jogging detrimental to my sprinting technique?