With the proper instruction, horseback riding can be very safe. There are various types of horseback riding such as hunt seat, dressage, and Western style. Hunt seat involves jumping and individuals who engage in this type of riding will also compete in shows. Dressage involves directing the horse through multiple movements by only using small movements of the hands and legs. Western style of riding is the most popular form of riding for pleasure and casual riding. For maximum safety, never ride alone, especially if you are new to the sport. For more information on proper technique, search for a qualified instructor at a place where horses are available for hire.
- Q How can I get stronger to perform better?
- Q Who can I ask about increasing sports performance for youth athletes?
- Q What is a sports physical exam?
- Q Can I train to improve all my test scores for a sports combine?
- Q How can I use VO2 data to improve my fight performance?
- Q Is jogging detrimental to my sprinting technique?