With the proper instruction, horseback riding can be very safe. There are various types of horseback riding such as hunt seat, dressage, and Western style. Hunt seat involves jumping and individuals who engage in this type of riding will also compete in shows. Dressage involves directing the horse through multiple movements by only using small movements of the hands and legs. Western style of riding is the most popular form of riding for pleasure and casual riding. For maximum safety, never ride alone, especially if you are new to the sport. For more information on proper technique, search for a qualified instructor at a place where horses are available for hire.
- Q How often should I adjust my paces as an athlete?
- Q Should I be performing cool downs after practice?
- Q How can I quickly cut weight for my sport?
- Q What is the best thing to do for my core to increase my performance?
- Q What is the best way to climb?
- Q How do I prevent overtraining?