With the proper instruction, horseback riding can be very safe. There are various types of horseback riding such as hunt seat, dressage, and Western style. Hunt seat involves jumping and individuals who engage in this type of riding will also compete in shows. Dressage involves directing the horse through multiple movements by only using small movements of the hands and legs. Western style of riding is the most popular form of riding for pleasure and casual riding. For maximum safety, never ride alone, especially if you are new to the sport. For more information on proper technique, search for a qualified instructor at a place where horses are available for hire.
- Q Will my performance training in one sport transfer to other sports?
- Q What are the safest sports or activities?
- Q What sports may be postponed or cancelled due to poor field conditions?
- Q How can I improve my quickness for sports?
- Q How do I prevent overtraining?
- Q What is a sports physical exam?