How should my front squat compare with my clean and jerk?

At least 10-20% more than you can clean. Some competitors can front squat significantly more than they can clean and some athletes can only squat slightly more than they can clean. Because a clean has an elastic bouncing component it is slightly different from a pure straight front squat. Having a strong front squat helps with the mechanical breaking during the squat under, and helps in the drive phase of recovery. Studies have shown that being able to squat significantly more than you can clean does not increase clean performance.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Will my performance training in one sport transfer to other sports?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
Most of the time, in order to get better at your sport, the best method is to play that sport.  Ther...
What strength training exercise will help my kicking?
Bridging with one leg extensions will really help with kicking strength and stamina. Bridging wo...
How can I get stronger so I do not get pushed around the basketball court?
The type of training that has the biggest influence on your ability to gain and hold your position i...
Is Peformance Mind-Based or Body-Based?
Is Peformance Mind-Based or Body-Based?