What exercises are ideal for a dynamic warm-up?

The ideal dynamic warm-up provides continuous training exercise that raise body temperature, increase range of motion, prevent common athletic injuries, and advance high performance habits for the skills necessary for an effective workout.  For the Olympic lifter a good dynamic warm up is to move through many of the progressions for the Olympic movements including the clean pull above the knee, below the knee, snatch pull above the knee, over head squat, snatch balance and push jerk. Use very light weights such as only the bar or possibly even a lighter training bar and perform only 1-2 sets of 10-15 reps of each movement. Doing so will adequately warm up the body, prepare it for Olympic lifts, and cue the body for the specific movements needed for the Olympic lift.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Does increasing flexibility help or hinder athletic performance?
Paul WinsperPaul Winsper
Increased flexibility has a positive relationship to increased athletic performance. Balanced muscle...
Where should my eyes be looking when I'm sprinting?
Vision focus is related to optimal body positioning. On the line, some runners will keep their eyes ...
How can I help my kids play sports without burning out?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Playing sports brings many benefits, such as improved fitness and better social skills. But pressure...
Is Peformance Mind-Based or Body-Based?
Is Peformance Mind-Based or Body-Based?