Any exercises to help me stabilize the bar better when overhead?

Stabilizing the bar overhead in the snatch is about having a strong core, strong and flexible shoulder and strong and flexible hips. Utilize exercise like the over head squat holding dumbbells, planks and side planks to stabilize the core. Use exercise like a overhead dumbbell press while lying on a stability ball to stabilize the upper back and shoulders. Having a thorough range of motion in the shoulders is also key. Work on improving flexibility by stretching the chest, back and upper neck muscles.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Preventing Sports-Related Eye Injuries
Preventing Sports-Related Eye Injuries
On February 18, 2009, the point guard for the Phoenix Suns, Amar′e Stoudemire, was poked in the eye by LA Clippers’ forward Al Thornton. The result? A...
How should I pace my next race?
Start with a controlled, slightly easier effort than threshold for the first 3 minutes, then set...
Calories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer Sports
Calories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer SportsCalories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer SportsCalories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer SportsCalories Elite Athletes Burn During Summer Sports
Learn how many calories top athletes might burn playing these summer games.
Is Stress Good or Bad for Athletes?
Is Stress Good or Bad for Athletes?