How do I gauge my performance against competitors?

In powerlifting the winner is decided by the best total composite lift score. Becoming a "specialist" in one lift while being average in the other two will in the long run hurt your performance. As a competitive power lifter you should strive to

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Are there exercise guidelines for getting in shape for young athletes?
The same guidelines for children exist as they do for adults. To prepare athletic competition most y...
How does anger affect my athletic performance?
Anger has many impacts on performance. The biggest impact of anger on performance is that it doe...
What is a good strength exercise for kicking?
The back squat is an excellent exercise to help with the swim kick as it mandates an activation ...
What sports are best for kids?
There are various sports that are good for kids. Gymnastics, tumbling, martial/combative arts are gr...