Why should I pray to show my love?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Let others see you as you truly are. At many points on the spiritual path you will feel exalted and holy. You will know without a doubt that spirit is in you. But showing this to others is difficult. Should you behave like a saint? Should you wait until your family notices that a holy person is sitting at the dinner table? Goodness is shown through good works, but spirit is transmitted through love. Without expecting anything from anyone, find a way to express the exaltation that you feel inside.

God and Spirit, show your love through me.
This is all I want or have ever wanted. Make a secret pact with me.
Let someone in my life feel your touch
As I feel it myself:
Intimate, tender, joyful, and healing.
When this happens, don't let them see me,
But only you.
No one needs to know that I am in you and you in me.
We'll keep our secret until eternity.
Amen.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
Does religion create faith or fear?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Religion today tends to be based on fear - fear of the unknown, fear of "the other," and fear of who...
Where do the ways of the spirit originate?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
In spiritual terms, consciousness begins with the soul. It is pure awareness, all encompassing, sile...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?