Why should I pray to forgive?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Forgiveness belongs to the heart. You can understand its value, youcan believe that it is moral, good, upright, and righteous toforgive - but if you don't feel it, forgiveness is forced. Spiritsees everything from a place of total balance. Countless times youhave needed forgiveness; countless times you have offered it tosomeone else. The mantle of who is right and who is wronged getspassed around in a circle. When you cannot find in yourself thepurity of forgiveness, ask to feel more than you feel. Spirit won'tgive you new and better reasons to forgive someone. It will showyou another way.

God and Spirit, I am hard of heart today.
There is someone I cannot forgive.
My own hurt blocks the way.
I feel the sting of being wronged.
Take this stillness from my heart,
Let me feel the joy of tenderness.
Restore peace and lift the energy of grievance.
Let me truly forgive as I would be forgiven.
Amen.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
Why does death scare us?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Dying is horrifying to us on many levels. It is a fearful prospect to suffer intense physical pain, ...
Does religion create faith or fear?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Religion today tends to be based on fear - fear of the unknown, fear of "the other," and fear of who...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?