What is breath?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
At this moment my soul is with me. It is as close as my breath.

This affirmation is about the nearness of the true self. Use this as your affirmation today, and each time you repeat it finish by breathing gently and seeing your breath as cool, calming, white light.

Breath is the movement of spirit in its subtlest physical expression. When you breathe gently and slowly, the body relaxes, the mind finds its still center, and the stage is set for inspiration—the flowing in of spirit.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
Is death out there waiting for us?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Your question sounds motivated by the stereotyped sensationalism of the Final Destination series of ...
Why are rituals important to spirituality?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Rituals are important to spirituality because the repetition of enacting each ritual provides a foca...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?