What is the secret of solving the mystery of life?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Solving the mystery of life requires only one commandment: live like a cell. But we don't, and the reason is not hard to find. We have our own way of doing things. Our cells are fueled by the same oxygen and glucose that fueled amoebas two billion years ago, but we are attracted by high-fat, sugary, more or less frivolous fad foods. Our cells cooperate with each other along the same lines set down by evolution in tree ferns of the Cretaceous period, but we find a new enemy somewhere in the world every decade, perhaps every year or month. We all have a similar tale to tell of deviations from the precise, complete, and almost perfect wisdom that our bodies follow. Our wayward lapses point to a much larger pattern. Each of us needs to see that we are living the after effects of someone else's old choices. We were taught to follow a set of habits and beliefs that totally disregard the mystery of life. And this set of belief is binding. Follow the commandment: live like a cell.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

How can animals promote spiritual development?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Writer Eckhart Tolle remarks, "I have studied under many excellent Zen masters, most of whom wer...
What does God want us to believe in?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
I realize that my beliefs and truths will change over time and that I will make mistakes - and this ...
Why should I pray to live beyond I and thou?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Beyond the duality of the material world, all divisions end. The only relationship worth having is w...
What are the guidelines for practicing tithing in my life?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
If you wish to make tithing a regular part of your health- and spiritual-development routine, here a...