What is the second stage of suffering?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Numbness and tears lead to the second stage, in which powerful emotions rise to the surface, often after being buried for years or decades. All around me (after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001) I felt rage and sorrow starting to erupt. People began to say that they were deeply afraid in a way they had never experienced before. Now the most common incidents -- the slam of a door, a car backfiring, a surprise tap on the shoulder -- could trigger panic. In the ensuing days this anxiety began to spread like a contagion.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
How should I tithe?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
A tithing routine includes the following:Invoke for guidance and blessings.Write a check for whateve...
What is the worst evil?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Evil depends completely on one's level of consciousness. You can bring this message home by consider...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?