What is the seventh principle of the rules of creation?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Universal:
7. Knowledge takes in more and more of the world.

Personal:
7. The direction of life is from duality to unity.

According to a commonly held idea, ancient cultures saw a unified creation, while we moderns look on a fragmented and divided world. The decline of faith has been blamed for this, as has the absence of myth, traditions, and social bonding. But I believe the opposite is true: The ancient way of understanding could barely explain a sliver of all the phenomena in Nature, while physics today is on the verge of a "theory of everything." The eminent physicist John Wheeler makes a crucial point when he says that before Einstein, human beings thought that they were looking at Nature "out there," as if through a plate glass window, trying to figure out what external reality was doing. Thanks to Einstein, we realize that weare embedded in Nature; the observer changes reality by the very act of observation. Therefore, despite a widespread feeling of psychological alienation (the result of technology's out stripping our ability to keep meaning alive), the duality of man and Nature is shrinking with each successive generation.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
Where should I look to find meaning in my life?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Our life's pattern is not built on a few grand metaphysical themes but on the day-to-day, real-life ...
Are hell and heaven real?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Swedenborg says that these are not places but states. Heaven is made up of people who share a common...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?