What is the eighth principle of the rules of creation?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Universal:
8. Evolution develops survival traits that perfectly match the environment.

Personal:
8. If you open yourself to the force of evolution, it will carry you where you want to go.

Adaptation is a miraculous thing because it proceeds by quantum leaps. When some ancestral dinosaurs developed feathers, they hit upon an adaptation that would be perfect for winged flight. The cells on the outside of their bodies, which were hard and scaly, were useful as armor, but could not contribute to soaring aloft. It's as if evolution set itself a new problem and then took a creative leap to get there. The old use of scales was abandoned for a new world of winged flight (and those same scales would take a leap in a different direction when they turned into hair, allowing the development of furry mammals). Science and religion both worry about this. Science doesn't like the notion that evolution knows where it's going; Darwinian mutations are supposed to be random. Religion doesn't like the notion that God's perfect creation changes when something new is needed. Yet this is a case where explanations have taken a backseat. Without a doubt, the physical world adapts itself by creative leaps that take place at a deeper level -- call this level genetic or conscious, as you will.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

How do I avoid chasing an impossible goal?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
A true seeker does not chase the impossible goals. If you can avoid the pitfalls of spiritual materi...
How is patience a spiritual practice?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Someone said somewhere (probably on a farm where they still notice such things) that “you get a chic...
How can animals promote spiritual development?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Writer Eckhart Tolle remarks, "I have studied under many excellent Zen masters, most of whom wer...
How can religion and spirituality influence my sexual experience?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Religion, or however you define your spirituality, gives you the moral code or value system from whi...