Why should I pray to remember who I am?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Know yourself as spirit. We all wear many guises and have manyselves. Our ultimate self - spirit, soul, essence - plays the mostmysterious role. It speaks with a silent voice. It brings messagesthat seem new and strange compared to our old patterns of thinking.It asks for restraint when the ego is ready to leap into action.Yet this mysterious presence is truly who we are. Today's prayerasks for a reminder when you are tempted to forget the reality ofthe true self.

God and Spirit, I forget who I am today.
Remind me.
Let me hear the voice of silence.
Let me see what cannot be seen.
Let me feel your faintest touch.
I know that you are as close as my breath.
So breathe in me today.
Amen.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
What is the seventh principle of the rules of creation?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Universal: 7. Knowledge takes in more and more of the world. Personal: 7. The direction of life...
Why is our time uniquely suited for tapping into the Fourth Instinct?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
In this time of economic hardship, political instability, and rapid technological change, empathy is...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?