Why should I pray to remember who I am?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Know yourself as spirit. We all wear many guises and have manyselves. Our ultimate self - spirit, soul, essence - plays the mostmysterious role. It speaks with a silent voice. It brings messagesthat seem new and strange compared to our old patterns of thinking.It asks for restraint when the ego is ready to leap into action.Yet this mysterious presence is truly who we are. Today's prayerasks for a reminder when you are tempted to forget the reality ofthe true self.

God and Spirit, I forget who I am today.
Remind me.
Let me hear the voice of silence.
Let me see what cannot be seen.
Let me feel your faintest touch.
I know that you are as close as my breath.
So breathe in me today.
Amen.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

How does religion help in shaping me to become nice and perfect?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
Religion encourages us to have only pure thoughts and do only good deeds. Need I remind you of the T...
How should we feel when we think we think about death?
David KesslerDavid Kessler
Most of us would say that death is a natural part of life until we come to our own death or the deat...
What happens if I ask the universe to listen?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
You are surrounded by infinite intelligence, which is available every moment. Begin to draw upon it ...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?