Why should I pray to live beyond I and thou?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Beyond the duality of the material world, all divisions end. The only relationship worth having is with God, because when you relate to other people, you see God in them. This state of grace is what today's prayer asks for. Use it when the world is too much with you, when you feel that God or spirit or your soul stand too far apart. Let the sweetest and most intimate relationship, which is between "I" and "Thou," melt into the same river of wholeness.

God and Spirit, I ask to take your hand in mine.
I have seen this world through your eyes.
I have loved others as you would love them.
I have entered creation and played to my heart's content.
But for all that, I miss you.
Be mine without end.
Accept me like a drop melting back into the ocean.
I've known everything but eternity.
As I give myself to you,
Give that to me.
Amen.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
What is spiritual power?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Spiritual power comes with an authentic appreciation for one's gifts and talents, and an astute and ...
What is the sign of true spirituality?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
When I started searching for greater meaning in my life in the 1970s, the reigning assumption among ...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?