Why should I pray to live beyond I and thou?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Beyond the duality of the material world, all divisions end. The only relationship worth having is with God, because when you relate to other people, you see God in them. This state of grace is what today's prayer asks for. Use it when the world is too much with you, when you feel that God or spirit or your soul stand too far apart. Let the sweetest and most intimate relationship, which is between "I" and "Thou," melt into the same river of wholeness.

God and Spirit, I ask to take your hand in mine.
I have seen this world through your eyes.
I have loved others as you would love them.
I have entered creation and played to my heart's content.
But for all that, I miss you.
Be mine without end.
Accept me like a drop melting back into the ocean.
I've known everything but eternity.
As I give myself to you,
Give that to me.
Amen.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

What are the essential elements of all religions?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Reconnecting with our spiritual nature and manifesting that connection in our lives are the essentia...
How does spirituality come into play during a health crisis?
HealthCare Chaplaincy NetworkHealthCare Chaplaincy Network
Spirituality is playing a bigger part in healthcare today. There’s a growing recognition that good o...
How do we converse with God?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
One of the essentials in any relationship is communication. We converse with God using song and sile...
Does religion create faith or fear?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Religion today tends to be based on fear - fear of the unknown, fear of "the other," and fear of who...