Is death out there waiting for us?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
It is a myth to think that death is "out there" waiting for us. Death is here with us, tied into the flow of life. There is a wonderful saying, "You will never be more alive than you are at this moment, and you will never be more dead than you are this moment." Your goal, then, should be to experience yourself as fully as you can, to become so alive that death will no longer be a threat. Don't see yourself as struggling to remain alive against all obstacles; see yourself as a river that accepts all change because change is natural as you move from one life stage to the next. When asked why he was so calm about dying, Socrates said, "I've been walking toward this destination all my life. Why should the last footstep make me afraid?"

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

How do we converse with God?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
One of the essentials in any relationship is communication. We converse with God using song and sile...
Why should I pray to show my love?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Let others see you as you truly are. At many points on the spiritual path you will feel exalted and ...
What is the Fourth Instinct?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Biologists, psychologists and social scientists have long tried to define us exclusively through onl...
Are humans inherently spiritual beings?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
The instinct for spirituality is hardwired in us. This is our fourth instinct, the one beyond the in...