How can religion and spirituality influence my sexual experience?

Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Geriatrics Nursing

Religion, or however you define your spirituality, gives you the moral code or value system from which you function on a daily basis. Since sexual behavior is not just physical, like drinking a glass of water, your moral code is an active part of the sexual experience. If you are engaged in an activity that contradicts your moral code you will have negative emotional reactions to it and the opposite if you are doing an activity congruent with your moral code. Going against your morals, or values, is a highly charged, stressful circumstance that will eventually take a toll on your health if repeated too often over too much time.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

What are the essential elements of all religions?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Reconnecting with our spiritual nature and manifesting that connection in our lives are the essentia...
Must science and religion be separate?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Writer Arthur Koestler once observed that scientific truth comes by intuition and revelation as sure...
How can I find meaning in my pain?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
When we enter life's labyrinth, pain enters with us. Therefore, the question isn't whether we can av...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?