How can I explore my spiritual self?

David Kuhl
Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Ways of exploring this important part of who you are can happen in discussions over meaningful topics; in self-reflection through journal writing; in therapy; in understanding yourself by reading about myths, wisdom literature and world religions; in religious traditions; and in contemplative practices. If you prefer to walk while you contemplate, you might find that walking a labyrinth is effective. To do so is to purposefully walk a metaphor of your life’s journey. It symbolizes a walk to your inner being -- and back again. It is not intended to confuse you; neither is it a puzzle to be solved. The purpose of a labyrinth is to demonstrate that the way into its center is actually also the way out from its center. It will broaden your sense of who you are.
What Dying People Want: Practical Wisdom For The End Of Life

Facing death results in more fear and anxiety than any other human experience. Though much has been done to address the physical pain suffered by those with a terminal illness, Western medicine has...

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
How should we feel when we think we think about death?
David KesslerDavid Kessler
Most of us would say that death is a natural part of life until we come to our own death or the deat...
Why should I persevere in life?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Perseverance is one of the greatest attributes one can possess or acquire. Perseverance means to con...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?