How does Sufism define God?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Sufism, the mystical branch of the Muslim faith, was popularized by the thirteenth-century poet, Rumi who focused on falling in love with the divine. This idea of God as the "beloved" was a new concept for me. I'd always thought I "loved" God, but it was definitely from a respectful distance. It was sort of like the relationship you had with your high school principal. You admired her, you had affection for her, and you were a little bit afraid of her. It was not the sort of adoration that Rumi spoke of.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

How can spiritual faith help me become fearless?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Reintegrating the spiritual into the everyday is the key to fearlessness and offers us the freedom o...
How is the Bible divine?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
We're taught that what makes the Bible divine is its internal sense and its truth clothed in appeara...
How can I possess the second secret of life?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
To truly possess the second secret, begin to see yourself as a co-creator in everything that happens...
How do I get in touch with my true nature?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
The irony is that if you live long enough, everything that you think makes you special, from your lo...