How does evil arise?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
The most constricted awareness belongs to those who do evil. Evil arises when there is a state of imbalance so severe that a person no longer values anyone else. Thus evil is an extreme form of egotism. There is only my truth and my way -- such is the dogma of the fanatic, or the terrorist. But the abusive husband, the drug dealer preying on children, the mugger and murderer all feel equally cut off and numb.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
What is the difference between spirituality and religion?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
There is a clear difference between spirituality and religion. The general public many times con...
What can I do to maintain spiritual wellness?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To maintain spiritual wellness, keep these things in mind: Remain optimistic. Focus on your thoug...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?