Why should I find refuge in my spirit?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
The only safe place is eternity. The river of life flows between the banks of pleasure and pain. If you feel stuck on the bank, rejoin the flow and it will carry you beyond. Practice acceptance in place of force, letting life bring things to you and take them away again. Keep your eye on being, which is reality. Whatever comes before you, observe it for what it is. Remember, you are not what happens, no matter how intense it may be. You are the one it is happening to. When "I" is safe in its own being, the world loses all fear.
Yogi Cameron Alborzian
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

When we see animals move about in nature, they conduct themselves from a place of instinct. They seek food, claim and protect living spaces, and propagate however the natural order of things has dictated they should.

This is not the case for human beings. While we have instincts like hunger and thirst, most of us go about living life with only a minimal investment in natural order. TV screens, computers, cell phones, cars, genetically modified food, and most other things in the modern world are a departure from how nature has intended for life to be.

The spirit in animals is that which teaches them how to live their lives simply and in coordination with nature. In human beings, however, we have a far greater purpose for our spirit. The spirit is the part of us that emerges when we align ourselves with nature through healthy living and abstention from egotistical behaviors. Without physical maladies and turmoil that arises as a result of our ego's expectations, we no longer suffer. The spirit is the part of us that allows us to live without this suffering, and when in community with it we live in a state of supreme joy.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
Why is charity important to spiritual growth?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Transcending ourselves -- our problems, cares and fears, but also our pleasures, hopes and joys -- i...
What is the deeper reality of life?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The deeper reality lies beneath the thin layer of events that you know as life. In the deeper realit...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?