Why should I express my faith through prayer?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Right now you are only aware of spirit in glimpses. You sense yoursoul for a while, and then it vanishes again. Through faith youhold on to the ultimate vision. Prayer links who you are now withwho you will be.

God and Spirit, I pray to keep my vision ever before me.
I ask you to bless my journey.
I ask your divine helpers to protect me along the way.
I ask my inner guides to lead me forward.
I pray to the soul that is within, without, and everywhere
that I may know myself as holy, and as whole.
Amen.

Say this prayer at the start of your day. Sit or kneel with eyesclosed and go inward to feel the words coming from your heart. Thisprayer will be heard at the source, which is the union of yourselfand God.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

Must science and religion be separate?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Writer Arthur Koestler once observed that scientific truth comes by intuition and revelation as sure...
How can I have a greater sense of my life being full and complete?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Even in an age when “having it all” is a common goal, many admit to feeling “incomplete.”  Clearly, ...
Why is our time uniquely suited for tapping into the Fourth Instinct?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
In this time of economic hardship, political instability, and rapid technological change, empathy is...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?