Why should we embrace mystery?

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

Mystery is at the heart of our spiritual quest. The completely rational man and the crime novelist both see mystery as something to be solved, not something to be entered into and explored. Embracing mystery means accepting that we see through a glass darkly, instead of assuming that if we were really clever, we would be able to eliminate mystery altogether from our lives. At the start of my own spiritual search, I went looking for God in books, in retreats and seminars, in trips to distant lands -- all attempts to solve the mystery. And every time I returned home, I heard God calling from within myself. He had made every journey with me.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
How can I possess the second secret of life?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
To truly possess the second secret, begin to see yourself as a co-creator in everything that happens...
Is there such a thing as an essential human nature?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
The hunger for meaning and purpose is nothing less than the human homing instinct -- the Fourth Inst...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?