Why should we embrace mystery?

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

Mystery is at the heart of our spiritual quest. The completely rational man and the crime novelist both see mystery as something to be solved, not something to be entered into and explored. Embracing mystery means accepting that we see through a glass darkly, instead of assuming that if we were really clever, we would be able to eliminate mystery altogether from our lives. At the start of my own spiritual search, I went looking for God in books, in retreats and seminars, in trips to distant lands -- all attempts to solve the mystery. And every time I returned home, I heard God calling from within myself. He had made every journey with me.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

Why is our time uniquely suited for tapping into the Fourth Instinct?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
In this time of economic hardship, political instability, and rapid technological change, empathy is...
What is the Fourth Instinct?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Biologists, psychologists and social scientists have long tried to define us exclusively through onl...
What does God want us to believe in?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
I realize that my beliefs and truths will change over time and that I will make mistakes - and this ...
How Do Rituals Like Chanting Contribute to Healing?