How can I begin spiritual healing?

William B. Salt II., MD
Gastroenterology
There are two main methods of spiritual healing. First, find and nurture some connection with a higher purpose in life, a sense that your life has meaning and value to yourself and others. Second, find and nurture some connection to a higher power in your life. Your higher purpose and higher power are united by an affirmative answer to the question, "Is what I am thinking, doing or saying going to lead me to greater love, kindness and compassion?" All spiritual healing leads to the fruit of greater love and acceptance -- of yourself and others.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome & the MindBodySpirit Connection: 7 Steps for Living a Healthy Life with a Functional Bowel Disorder, Crohn's Disease, or Colitis (Mind-Body-Spirit Connection Series.)

Fast Facts on IBS: One in five people suffers from the frustrating symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). There is no simple answer--no pill, potion, or quick fix--that will cure IBS. But help...

Continue Learning about Spiritual Therapies

What is spiritual wellness?
Jan CampbellJan Campbell
Spiritual wellness exists when you have created a close connection to your inner spirit. You may be ...
What does spirituality have to do with physical health?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
For years, medical experts have wondered about the relationship between spirituality and health. In ...
What Do Health Gurus Eat?
What Do Health Gurus Eat?
What Is Synchrodestiny?
What Is Synchrodestiny?