What are spinal muscles made of?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
The spinal muscles are made up of long banded cells that are grouped into what look like tiny threads. These threads are grouped into larger fibers, which become grouped into bundles. Finally, the bundles are woven together into individual muscles. The arrangement is similar to that of a heavy rope. The smallest fibers are intertwined to make threads, the threads are then laced together to make strings, the strings get wrapped into cords, and the cords are woven into ropes.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Spine

What are the effects of pregnancy on the spine?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
As the fetus develops during pregnancy, your belly grows farther out in front of you. To avoid t...
What are lumbar vertebrae?
Lumbar vertebrae are the five bones of the spinal column in your lower back. They are designated L1 ...
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
How Can I Reduce Back Pain from a Slipped Disc?