What are the benefits of spine surgery with computer-assisted navigation?

Dr. Don Y. Park, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon

When using computer-assisted navigation during spine surgery, surgeons are able to reduce the risk of misplaced screws that require revision. So, surgeons have the ability to place these screws accurately, and will know at the time of surgery, before the person even leaves the operating room, whether all of the screws and all of the implants are placed in the correct position. This enables surgeons to be satisfied with the result of the surgery and optimize the chances that the surgery will have a successful outcome.

Continue Learning about Spine

What conditions can be treated with spine surgery?
Alaska Regional HospitalAlaska Regional Hospital
Spinal surgery treats spinal tumors, spinal stenosis, discs, and more.
What causes a subluxation of the spine?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
A subluxation is when a spinal bone or vertebra moves out of its normal position, interfering with t...
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
What is the Benefit of Foam Rolling?
How Can I Reduce Back Pain from a Slipped Disc?